On the weekend of June 6th -8th, 2008, Springdale Chicks Charities will present the third annual Pitch for the Cure fastpitch softball tournament in Springdale, Arkansas. The Springdale Chicks (a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization) is a fastpitch softball organization with three teams for girls 10 and under, 12 and under, and 14 and under in Northwest Arkansas. In addition to academic achievement, improving softball skills, and having fun, our organization stresses the importance of being public-spirited. This community commitment guided us to develop “Chicks Charities” where our goal is to guide our youth to focus on causes that are important to girls and women.
The Pitch for the Cure tournament is a team fundraising event that is partnered by Ozark Komen for the Cure, with Schutt Sports joining us each year as one of our “Level 1” sponsors. This innovative event is designed to unify girls’ fastpitch softball players in assisting Ozark Komen for the Cure, encouraging girls in sports as a positive life choice and supporting other issues related to girls and women. 20% of the tournament profits will be given to Komen Ozark. We include in our event a fundraising challenge competition for the teams involved in the tournament to raise money to give directly to Komen Ozark. New in 2008 we have added activities that show support for women in the military and local women’s shelters.
We are using this opportunity to bring together a wide age range of girls to play a sport they love while:
· Educating girls and young women about proper breast health and cancer prevention. (It is never too early to learn these facts and techniques.)
· Raising funds for Ozark Susan G. Komen for the Cure for the treatment and prevention of cancer with faith that research can one day eradicate this disease.
· Fostering an attitude of global thinking in our youth and our communities.
· Sharing a celebration of life for breast cancer survivors, supporting those that are currently in treatment, and remembering those that have lost the fight to breast cancer.
· Encouraging girls in sports as a positive life choice.
· Expanding their compassion for a diverse demographic of girls and women.
· Promoting and growing the sport of fastpitch softball in the geographic region.
· Raising team and future tournament funds.
Contributions to this cause will make this event possible for teams from Arkansas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Kansas, Louisiana, Tennessee, Texas, and other surrounding states. At least 10,000 people are expected at our parks during this 3-day event! We'd like to offer you an invitation to partner with us in some way. A number of opportunities are available including: