The end-of-season tournament will be held at the prestigious Queen’s Club in West London, one of the most renowned venues in the world for racquet sports.
For the first time ever, PSA and WSA - the professional tours for the men’s and women’s game - will bring their top players to the climactic event, adding to the momentum and dramatic progress in television coverage, venue presentation, international distribution, prize-money and audience numbers in elite World Series events.
WSA and PSA also support World Squash Federation in the on-going campaign for squash to be included in the Olympic Programme for the 2020 Olympic Games; a bid that is being noticeably strengthened by the significant recent progress in the sport.
WSA qualified players for the World Series Finals:
- Nicol David from Malaysia, world number 1, 6 times world champion and the holder of 57 WSA titles.
- England’s Jenny Duncalf, ranked 2 in the world, with 9 tour victories.
- Madeline Perry of Ireland, world number 4 and winner of this year’s CIMB Singapore Open.
- Australian Rachael Grinham, with 31 career titles and ranked number 6 in the world.
- Laura Massaro from England, WSA’s Player of the Year for 2011, ranked at number 3 in the world and this year’s winner at the Cleveland Classic and the US Open.
- France’s Camille Serme, ranked world number 10 and the winner of her 6th WSA title at the World Tour Pyramids in Paris.
- Malaysia’s Low Wee Wern, a career-high world number 11 and the winner of this year’s China Open.
- Donna Urquhart from Australia, the winner of 6 career titles, including this year’s Indian Challenger, ranked 14 in the world.
WSA Chairman and acting CEO, Ingrid Lofdahl-Bentzer, is relishing the prospect of the world’s best women joining the men at the ATCO PSA World Series Finals, making this tournament one of the year's most prestigious events. A big ‘thank you’ must go to the title sponsors and PSA, who have worked tirelessly to make the addition of a women’s event possible.
More details on the event available at: www.worldseriesfinals.com
Tickets to see the sport’s top players are now on sale priced from £20 and available from Ticketmaster at www.ticketmaster.co.uk or 0844 847 2419.
Doors Open 5pm on Wednesday-Friday and 1pm on Saturday-Sunday.
News and updates are available from www.worldseriesfinals.com