The 2010 World Championships concluded Sunday with the final day of apparatus finals at Rotterdam's Ahoy Arena.
Everyone had to wait for the last routine to finish to see the new floor world champion crowned. Australias Lauren Mitchell performed the best
routine of the day to snatch the title from Russian Aliya Mustafina. Mustafina led throughout with Romanian Diana Maria Chelaru close behind. Mitchell won with a score of 14.833, awesome cheorography, great excecution, an all together fantastic performance. The only gymnast to make no mistakes on the day. The Australian team were mesmorised by Mitchell's outstanding sequence of moves.
Silver went to Ailya Mustafina with a score of 14.666, who ads another medal to her previous four. Closely followed by Romanian Diana Maria Chelaru who also scored 14.666 after a high up beat tempo routine, full of attitude and personality.
Women's Floor Exercise Final D E ND Score
1. Lauren Mitchell 5.9 8.933 14.833
2. Aliya Mustafina 5.8 8.966 14.766
2. Diana Chelaru 5.9 8.866 14.766
4. Alexandra Raisman 5.7 9.016 14.716
5. Sui Lu 5.7 8.966 14.666
6. Vanessa Ferrari 5.5 9.100 14.600
7. Sandra Izbasa 5.9 8.883 0.8 13.983
8. Ksenia Afanasyeva 5.8 6.900 12.700
– but the sailors praise the new boats