If it is not your content, try to search here:
WNBA-Postgame Notes & Quotes: Mercury’s Big Three Help Get Past Wings, 101-83
- With the win, the Mercury advance to the second round of the 2018 WNBA Playoffs, and will head out to Uncasville, Connecticut to face off against the No. 4 ranked Sun Thursday, August 23rd at Mohegan Sun arena, tip will be shortly after 5:30 p.m. Phoenix time.
- The Trio of DeWanna Bonner (29), Diana Taurasi (26) and Brittney Griner (17) all scored 12-plus points in tonight’s game. The Mercury held a record of 19-5 in the regular season when all three players scored 12-plus points.
- Phoenix’s 101-point performance marks the first time the Mercury has scored 100 points in a playoff game since 2016 when the team defeated the New York Liberty in the second round of the playoffs, 101-94, at Madison Square Garden. Phoenix was a perfect 3-0 in the regular season when scoring 100-plus points.
- Phoenix hit 13-of-29 shots from three-point range in the contest, the team was 11-1 in the regular season when making 10-plus three-pointers.
- Four of five Mercury starters scored in double figures on the night including two scoring 20-plus points (Diana Taurasi and DeWanna Bonner), the Mercury was 6-2 in the regular season when four players scored 10-plus points in the game.
- The Mercury is a perfect 3-0 in games played on ESPN2 this season.
- Diana Taurasi, who ranks third on the WNBA’s all-time playoff scoring average list with a 20.8 point per game average, scored 26 points and tied her playoff career high for assists dishing out 12 dimes. The game marks the first time in her playoff career that Taurasi recorded a 20-plus point, 10-plus assist game after recording two in the 2018 regular season.
- DeWanna Bonner all scorers, putting up a playoff career-high 29 points, while adding 11 rebounds to record the third double-double of her playoff career. Her 12 made field goals tie her career-high mark and are a playoff career high.
- Stephanie Talbot recorded her first career double-double, securing a career-high 11 rebounds, while scoring a playoff career-high 11 points.
- Dallas’ Liz Cambage recorded a double-double posting 22 points and 11 rebounds, she also added six assists.
- Dallas’ Skylar Diggins-Smith scored a team-high 23 points, adding seven assists and four rebounds.