|FALUN, Sweden (Feb. 24) - Norway won the women's team sprints for the second relay competition in a row Sunday.|
Course conditions were a challenge for the athletes due to the spring conditions.
"It's a really low snow situation here and it is very warm today. So, they were kind of limited on the courses they could use," Grover said. "The course wasn't marked super well and the Finns on the women's side took a wrong turn that led them off course. No one was disqualified because of the poor markings."
The cross country team now moves on to Stockholm, Sweden for the Royal Palace sprint where snow is put down around the king's palace and the athletes compete in a sprint race around it on Wednesday.
2008 VIESSMANN FIS CROSS COUNTRY WORLD CUP
Falun, SWE - Feb. 24, 2008
Women's 5K Classic/Free Relay
1. Norway-1 (Tyldum/Jacobsen/Steira/Bjoergen)
2. Finland (Kuitunen/Saarinen/Roponen/Sarasoja)
3. Gremany (Boehler/Zeller/Nystad/Sachenbacher Stehle)
4. Sweden-1 (Lindborg/Hansson/Kalla/Rydqvist)
5. Norway-2 (Muerer Stemland/Elden/Svendsen/Pedersen)
# # #
Solheim Cup 2019
The Solheim Cup