If it is not your content, try to search here:
The Pegasus Airlines World Cup, Alaçati, Turkey - Event Preview
As a key part of Turkey’s famous Surf ‘n Sound Festival, the PWA World Cup will draw crowds and media focus world over as the women’s world title races intensify.
The Cesme district is located at the center of a wind ‘corridor’ where the ‘Poyraz’, the dominant thermal effect, allows Alaçati to breathe under bright sunshine and blue skies next to the turquoise water of the Aegean Sea.
Boasting wind statistics of up to 330 days per year, sandy beaches and scenic landscapes of Olive groves and vineyards, Alaçati was a simple choice for the PWA to choose during this outstanding season of competition.
All the top ranked riders and more have pre-entered for this the 6th and penultimate event of the season.
Top ranked Women Racers attending Alaçati:
- Karin Jaggi (F2 / North) – Swiss precision has led Jaggi to an amazing amount of world titles. She’s already secured the 2007 title and her status as a true legend in the sport is unparalleled.
- Valerie Ghibaudo (Tabou) has pushed Jaggi hard this season and the racing has been all the more exciting because of that. France is a hotbed of windsurfing talent and Ghibaudo will no doubt pressure Jaggi hard for an event title that she wants so much.
- Ayako Suzuki (Starboard / Gaastra) – A stunning podium debut in Korea from Suzuki earned her immediate respect. Much missed during the Canary Islands leg she’ll fancy her chances in Turkey with conditions pretty similar to Ulsan.
- Verena Fauster (F2 /Gaastra) – As Italy’s female racing hope Fauster will be hoping to push for a top position. Unusually off-form in Fuerteventura she’ll be likely to bounce back and make for some exciting race action.
- Gul Tercan - As the top ranked Turkish women’s rider, Tercan will feel confident in home waters. After recovering from injury, she’ll hopefully be fit and rested whilst the others arrived tired from the previous event.
There will also be more Turkish ladies jostling for position, amongst them being experienced racer Sedef Koktenturk (Fanatic / NeilPryde) who placed 6th in Alaçati 2006, and Cagla Kubat (Starboard / North) who recently debuted at Sotavento.
Registration starts on Monday 13th August and the actions kicks off on Tuesday with a first possible start of 10.30
Remember you can tune into the www.pwaworldtour.com for minute-by-minute updates with our live event ticker service, read daily news summaries, browse our stunning photo galleries, watch daily video clips, check the online elimination ladders and more!
Or, for more information please contact the PWA office via email@example.com
© PWA / Brian McDowell