|FAIRBANKS, Alaska (March 28) - The U.S. Ski Team's Liz Stephen (East Montpelier, VT) won the U.S. Cross Country Distance Championships on Friday evening in Fairbanks. The events were held in the late evening twilight in Fairbanks.|
The event also served as the finale of the USSA SuperTour.
Stephen, a Westminster College student, has had a sensational season, also taking bronze in the 15K mass start during the Under-23 Championships in Italy.
U.S. Ski Team athletes rounded off the podium in the women's race with Morgan Arritola (Ketchum, ID) winning the silver and Taz Mannix (Talkeetna, AK) with bronze.
"Morgan and Taz are very young, as well, and for them to finish one, two and three is great," Vordenberg said.
The U.S. Distance Championships finish Sunday with a men's 50K and women's 30K classic.
U.S. CROSS COUNTRY DISTANCE CHAMPIONSHIPS
Fairbanks, AK - March 28, 2008
(Only U.S. athletes are eligible to win national titles)
1. Liz Stephen, East Montpelier, VT, 45:38.7
2. Morgan Arritola, Ketchum, ID, 46:28.9
3. Taz Mannix, Talkeetna, AK, 46:58.7
4. Kasandra Rice, Anchorage, AK, 47:36.5
5. Nicole Deyong, Ketchum, ID, 47:44.9
6. Kristina Owen, Houghton, MI, 48:09.4
7. Lindsay Williams, Marquette, MI, 48:09.7
8. Laura Valaas, Wenatchee, WA, 49:02.4
9. Kristina Trygstad-Saari, Bozeman, MT, 49:17.1
10. Lindsey Weier Dehlin, Mahtomedi, MN, 49:51.7
# # #
Click below for complete results:
Suncorp Netball League