If it is not your content, try to search here:
Shakira Westdorp Wins Women's Stand-Up
QUIKSILVEREDITION MOLOKAI TO OAHU PADDLEBOARD RACE
Honolulu - (July 29, 2007) -
Rookie Shakira Westdorp, was perhaps the most impressive today, keeping her cool on a maiden voyage across the Molokai Channel that included a broken rudder that she fixed mid-crossing. Westdorp finished ahead of five-time and defending champion Kanesa Duncan (Oahu). Duncan finished a little more than five minutes behind Westdorp with a time of 6:05:05. Once the relief of reaching Oahu subsided, tears turned to jubilation as the young Queenslander vowed to do the race "forever".
"It was a lot of fun, I got a lot of runners, but I never felt like I was going to get there - never-ending," said Westdorp. "It's way rougher, way more runners, way bigger swell - everything magnified by about 10 (compared to Australia).
"The furthest I've paddled in training was about five and a half hours. I was prepared for the worst and it wasn't as bad as everyone said it was going to be. It was so much fun.
"I knew Kanesa would be tough. I know she comes home hard. I knew it would be close. To beat someone on Kanesa's level... I'm so stoked."
For more information:
Tel: (808) 258-8533
COMPLETE, OFFICIAL RESULTS WILL BE EMAILED AS SOON THEY BECOME AVAILABLE.
Women's Solo Paddleboard Overall:
1st - Shakira Westdorp, Australia - 5:59:52
2nd - Kanesa Duncan, Oahu, Hawaii - 6:05:05
1. Shakira Westdorp, Australia - 5:59:52
2. Kanesa Duncan, Oahu, Hawaii - 6:05:05
3. Kiyomi Sheppard, Oahu, Hawaii -
1. Keoni Watson, Oahu, Hawaii - 5:39:48
2. Kiva Rivers, Maui
3. Mikey Cote, Oahu, Hawaii - 6:02:37
1. Heidi Gutgessell, Oahu, Hawaii - 7:35:08
Women's with rudder:
1. Jennifer Konohia/Andrea Moller, Maui, Hawaii - 6:03:35
1. Shannon Delaney/Tom Hinds, CA - 6:17:08
2. Becky Sox/Dan Van Dyck, CA - 6:43:48
3. Sara Miles/Kohl Christensen, Oahu, Hawaii - 7:42:05
1. Talia Gangini/Jocelyn Kempe, Maui - 6:33:12
2. Joanne Ambrosi/Theresa Connelly, HI/Aus - 7:11:23
Picture by Alex Whitehead/SWpix.com
16. October 99
Ski & Snowboard season officially started
15. October 97
China International Women’s Match Race