If it is not your content, try to search here:
Rocky Mountain Rollergirls welcome Albuquerques Duke City Derby on April 3
DENVER - The Rocky Mountain Rollergirls' A-squad, the 5280 Fight Club, will bout Albuquerque, New Mexico's Duke City Derby at 7 p.m. on April 3 at the Fillmore Auditorium in Denver.
The bout marks RMRG's top squad's first home bout of the season, although they have already been on the road and knocked out the Bellingham (Wash.) Roller Betties 305 to 31 and San Fransisco's Bay Area Derby 195 to 17 at the Wild West Showdown meet on Feb. 27 and Feb. 28 in Women's Flat Track Derby Association sanctioned play. Sanctioned bouts determine a league's national rankings and tournament seeding.
RMRG represents Denver in WFTDA play.
In both home and away bouts, Fight Club has a challenging schedule in their quest to reach the 2010 WFTDA National Tournament and compete for The Hydra, the championship trophy. Fight Club will bout against the nation's top leagues, including 2009 National Champs the Oly Rollers of Olympia, Wash.
The league has already hosted two bouts in 2010 at the Fillmore featuring RMRG home teams vying for the league championship. Both bouts sold out the Live Nation-run venue.
RMRG's 5280 Fight Club last year earned a trip to the national tournament in Philadelphia and concluded the 2009 season fourth in the nation of 79 ranked, sanctioned Women's Flat Track Derby Association leagues. RMRG's Angela "Whipity Pow" Delagarza also won the Derby News Network's 2009 Rookie of the Year award.
The Rocky Mountain Rollergirls features six teams, including:
- RMRG's 5280 Fight Club, the all-star team that competes nationally for rankings;
- RMRG'S Contenders, the B-squad that competes nationally without ranking;
- Three league home teams - The Red Ridin' Hoods, The Sugar Kill Gang and The Dooms Daisies - which compete intraleague for the RMRG championship and interleague for exhibition.
- One new recruit team called the Kill Scouts, who scrimmage against teams at a similar skill level.
12. December 65
– Pauline Courtois leads after first day
04. December 159
World Weightlifting Championships