Get ready for the 2007 Nevada Cup! Since 2003, The Nevada Cup has recognized mountain bikers and their achievements at the various levels of ability all the way from juniors to expert (pro) racers.
It is the goal of the Nevada Cup to increase attendance, promote mountain biking for fun and fitness, and determine the Northern Nevada State Mountain Bike Champions in their various categories and classes. Brent Hart of Reno Wheelman states, “These courses were specifically chosen to challenge the advanced riders and at the same time allow beginning riders to feel comfortable to compete.”
This series is sponsored by:
· Alta Alpina Cycling Club (http://www.altaalpinacyclingclub.com/)
· Churchill County Parks and Recreation (http://www.churchillcounty.org/parksnrec/)
· Reno Wheelmen (http://www.renowheelmen.org/index.html)
· UNR Cycling Team (http://www.nevadacycling.com/)
· Contact Info: Jorge Guerrero, firstname.lastname@example.org, 775-423-7733
· Directions: From Reno, take I-80 East, Take EXIT 48 toward FERNLEY / FALLON / ELY / GREAT BASIN NAT'L PARK. Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto US-95 ALT / NV-343. Turn SHARP LEFT onto US-50 ALT. US-50 ALT becomes US-50. The race is located 5 miles east of Grimes Point at Rainbow Mountain.
· Race start time: 10:00am pre-registration, 11:00am Race
· Online registration begins in March on Active.com.
· Contact Info: Scot Ferguson, email@example.com , 775-742-3162
· Venue: – Cross Country (June 2nd ), Down Hill (June 3rd ) - Pit your skills against the Mountain, Peavine, Reno's Lonely Mountain with long grinding climbs and fast twisty single track. Pro, Semi-pro, Experts - 2 long laps (26 miles, 4400 ft of climbing). Sport, Junior Expert - 1 long, 1 short lap (19.5 miles, 3400 ft). Beginners, Junior Sport - 1 long lap (13.5 miles, 2200 ft). Junior Beginners - 1 short lap (7 miles, 1200 ft).
· Directions: Race takes place at the Rancho San Rafael Softball Fields. From Reno, go to the intersection of I-80 and N. Virginia Street. Turn NORTH and drive past N. McCarran Blvd. Turn into the Softball Field Parking Lot.
· Race start time: Cross Country registration opens at 8:30am Race Starts at 10:00am, Down Hill, DH practice is from 1pm – 4pm Saturday, Sunday DH practice from 8am – 11am then DH race from 11am – 4pm (two run format).
· Contact Info: Scott Leland, firstname.lastname@example.org , 775-303-0237
· Venue: Cross Country, Down Hill - Technical, rocky course with a couple of steep sections. We plan on using the same course as in years past, but with the changes that are in store for the mountain, this is subject to change.
· Directions: From I-80 in Reno, merge onto US-395 S via exit 15 towards Carson City for 10.5 miles, then merge onto NV-431/Mt. Rose HWY via exit 56 towards Mt. Rose/No. Lake Tahoe for 11.8 miles, end at Reno Sky Tavern Ski Lodge 21130 Mount Rose Hwy, Reno, NV 89511.
· Race start time: Saturday XC race from 9am -1pm then DH practice from 1pm – 4pm, Sunday DH practice from 8am – 11am then DH race from 11am – 4pm (two run format). Posted on the Nevada Cycling website at www.nevadacycling.com
Nevada Cup/Northern Nevada State Championship Series Final Standings: Series standing will be based on the total accumulated points from the series. In the event of a tie, the racer's place in the Series final race (Sky Tavern) will determine the final standing.