April 30, 2008 (Tarpon Springs, FL) –
“Our new site provides users with better navigability, therefore making it more user-friendly and accessible,” says Ironman’s Director of Interactive Media, Travis Sitzlar. “We have worked hard to design a system that will allow us to keep up with the ongoing growth of the sport by providing more integration with social networking and technology.”
Enhancements to the new Ironman.com site include:
· A new live coverage system that will provide more interactive opportunities throughout race day.
· Easier access to Ironman’s YouTube channel via the main page, showcasing a variety of award-winning coverage and inspirational videos.
· A chronological overview of races along with information relating to the event’s registration status.
· A revamped Media Center offering access to event imagery, press materials and top contender information.
· An updated Marketing section highlighting Ironman’s sponsors and licensees.
· The opportunity for athletes worldwide to enroll in a daily newsletter providing them with the latest news from Ironman and a subscription to an improved RSS feed system, which allows visitors to stay updated on Ironman news right from their desktop.
Ironmanlive, known as the live coverage of Ironman events around the globe,
has been in existence since 1998. More than eight million viewers tune in annually to the site for its Online telecasts and content, including more than 1.5 million who view the coverage of the Ford Ironman World Championship each year from Kailua-Kona, Hawaii.