Home News Product Reviews Health & Fitness Features Healthy Eating

ARCHIVE NEWS

If it is not your content, try to search here:
Swimming - 29. July 2009.

High Winds and changeable British weather delay Liane’s 2-Way Channel Swim

After waiting over a week to swim, on Monday the 20th July Liane met with the boat pilot, Reg Brickell, who will accompany her on her 2-Way Channel attempt to find out the situation regarding possible swim dates.

 

The meeting revealed that there would not be a suitable forecast in this set of tides for a 24 hour period which is a requirement for the 2-Way swim. Liane will therefore continue her wait in Dover in the hope that she may get an opportunity to make an attempt on the next tides which run from the 28th July until the 8th August.

 

Liane took a break from training on Tuesday and now has to start all her pre swim preparations again in the hope of swimming in just over a week’s time. These preparations include training in Dover Harbour, dryland training and modifying her diet.

It is not too late to help Liane raise money for her chosen charity, The Outward Bound® Association All donations will go towards enabling young people from financially disadvantaged backgrounds to take part in Outward Bound Courses. The Outward Bound Trust offers structured residential development courses with the purpose of raising self-esteem and confidence, developing skills and preparing young people from every background for the challenges that life brings.

To make a donation and show your support visit: http://www.justgiving.com/lianellewellyn/

 

Thank you so much, if you tweet or share
UP
Have you read it?
Diamonds win Constellation Cup in a clean sweep

photo Getty Images

Farag And El Tayeb Seal U.S. Open Titles To Write Names Into Sports History
Please follow us