If it is not your content, try to search here:
Gould leads American mountain bikers at UCI MTB World Cup opener
Houffalize, Belgium (April 23, 2007)—The 2007 UCI Mountain Bike World Cup season kicked off Sunday in Belgium where Georgia Gould (Ketchum, Idaho/Luna) led all Americans with an eighth-place finish in the elite women’s contest.
Gould, the reigning USA Cycling Cross Country Mountain Bike National Champion, finished 4:49 off the pace of winner Ren Chengyuan of China and was one of four Americans in the 125-rider field to crack the top 20. Mary McConneloug (Chilmark, Mass./Kenda-Seven) placed 16th, Shonny Vanlandingham (Durango, Colo./Luna) finished 17th and Willow Koerber (Horseshoe, N.C./Subaru-Gary Fisher) placed 19th.
The 2007 UCI Mountain Bike World Cup series resumes on May 27in Offenburg, Germany.
2007 UCI Mountain Bike World Cup
photo Willow Koerber-US Cycling
1. Ren Chengyuan (CHN) 2:00:23
2. Gunn-Rita Dahle Flesjaa (NOR) +0:01
3. Margarita Fullana (ESP) +0:15
8. Georgia Gould (Ketchum, Idaho) +4:49
16. Mary McConneloug (Chilmark, Mass.) +7:53
17. Shonny Vanlandingham (Durango, Colo.) +7:58
19. Willow Koerber (Horseshoe, N.C.) +9:23
30. Heather Irmiger (Boulder, Colo.) +11:54
38. Susan Haywood (Davis, W. Va.) +14:24
55. Kelli Emmett (Colorado Springs, Colo.) +19:09
80. Sara Bresnick (Somerville, Mass.) -1 lap
85. Nina Baum (Albuquerque, N.M.) -1 lap
99. Heather Svahn (Truckee, Calif.) -1 lap
115. Kristi Lewis (Durango, Colo.) -3 laps
About USA Cycling
Recognized by the U.S. Olympic Committee and the Union Cycliste Internationale, USA Cycling promotes American cycling through its 58,000 members and 2,000 annual events. USA Cycling associations include the BMX Association (BMX), National Off-Road Bicycle Association (mountain bike), U.S. Cycling Federation (road/track), the National Collegiate Cycling Association and the U.S. Professional Racing Organization (professional men’s road). For more information, visit www.usacycling.org or contact USA Cycling Director of Communications, Andy Lee at 719-866-4867.
This Article Published 2007-04-23 09:28:42 For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org