Charlotte Dobson has improved her standing to seventh in the Laser Radial event with the help of 8,6 from today – just ten points currently separate the young Scot from the silver medal position.
Christina Bassadone was kicking herself at her ninth place in the 470 women’s second race – after a great start to the day with a race win, she and Saskia Clark mistakenly thought they were early over the startline, so recrossed to avoid a costly penalty only to discover they’d had a clean start after all. They’re in sixth place overall.
Bryony Shaw drops to 11th overall with a 16,12 from her two races in the women’s RS:X fleet.
As well as medal race action for the Star and Tornado classes, Monday sees the Yngling and Finn classes return to the water.
Racing at the ISAF World Sailing Championships in Cascais, Portugal, continues through until Friday 13 July.
2007 ISAF World Sailing Championship, Cascais (POR)
Results, Saturday 7 July
Laser Radial (after 8 races)
1. Petra Niemann, Ger (37pts)
2. Tania Elias Calles Wolf, Mex (39pts)
3. Nufar Edelmann, Isr (39pts)
7. Charlotte Dobson (49pts)
RS:X Women (after 5 races)
1. Zofia Klepacka, Pol (6pts)
2. Lise Vidal, Fra (12pts)
3. Alessandra Sensini, Ita (14pts)
11. Bryony Shaw (21pts)
470 Women (after 4 races)
1.Marcelien de Koning-Lobke Berkhout, Ned (9pts)
2. Giul Conti-Giovanna Micol, Ita (14pts)
3. Therese Thorgensson-Vendela Zachreisson, Swe (14pts)
6. Christina Bassadone-Saskia Clark (24pts)
Fearless Women in Sport