|TIMBERLINE, Ore. (June 22) -"I'm always blown away with the level of riding on the Revolution Tour,” said U.S. Snowboarding Program Manager Abbi Nyberg. "Most of these riders have been here all week with the Project Gold camp, so they're pretty dialed but it was a lot colder than it has been and the vibe was still so positive.”|
The competition also capped the weeklong Project Gold camp, where the nation's top juniors were invited to train with U.S. Snowboarding coaches Mike Jankowski and Rick Bower. Included in that group were Williams, who was on the halpipe podium Thursday with second, and Farrington.
Also on the women's podium were Danika Pauley (McCloud, CA) in second and Valerie Reynolds (Spokane, WA) with third, while Drew Brighton (Park City, UT) and Joseph Dryer (Eden Prairie, MN) rounded out the men's top-3.
Hulbert put the men's overall title on lock with wins at both Mt. Bachelor, OR, and Okemo, VT, while Farrington nailed three tour podiums in slopestyle, including a victory at Mt. Bachelor. She also had three Revolution Tour podiums in halfpipe, which was enough to earn her an invite to the Project Gold camp and a nomination from coaches to join the U.S. Snowboarding Rookie Team for the 2008 season.
In the junior slopestyle competition (for riders age 12 and under), Ben Ferguson (Bend, OR) and Kirra Kotsenburgh (Park City, UT) made it two wins in two days as the pair also won the junior halfpipe contest Thursday.
"The juniors are so fun to watch because they are throwing some technical tricks as well. Ben Ferguson was stomping 720s and a lot of the other riders were so smooth on the kickers - the course crew did such a good job keeping it all together,” said Nyberg, who also noted that the awards ceremony was "crazy" with so many young riders on hand to cheer for their friends.
The 2008 Revolution Tour schedule will be announced later this year and is expected to again travel to resorts across the U.S.
2007 CHEVROLET REVOLUTION TOUR
Timberline, OR - June 22, 2007
1. Nicholas Sibayan, Wrightwood, CA, 35.7
2. Drew Brighton, Park City, UT34.6
3. Joseph Dryer, Eden Prairie, MN, 34.0
4. Josh Dodson, Bend, OR, 32.4
5. Johnny Brady, Reno, NV, 32.0
1. Katie Williams, Bend, OR, 29.3
2. Danika, Pauley, McCloud, CA, 31.9
3. Valerie Reynolds, Spokane, WA, 29.9
4. Nirvana Ortanez, La Jolla, CA, 26.8
5. Faye Gulini, Salt Lake City, UT, 25.0
1. Ben Ferguson, Bend, OR, 32.6
2. Jake Selover, Bend, OR, 27.2
3. Max Raymer, Park City, UT, 26.7
4. Jack Taylor, Wayzata, MN, 26.0
5. Kyle Mack, West Bloomfield, MI, 25.2
1. Kirra Kotsenburg, Park City, UT, 19.6
For complete results:
The Chevrolet Revolution Tour is powered by Burton, Bonfire, Dakine, Smith, Snowboard Magazine and Barilla.
photo Getty Images
photo Getty Images