After an ominous start to the day, with all fleets once again postponed on shore waiting for the eagerly anticipated breeze to appear, the 49er, 470 men and women and the Laser and Laser Radial classes were the first to reach their races courses. The Yngling, Star, Finn and Tornado fleets were finally released from shore just after 1600hrs, and returned to the dock as darkness fell, after just one race.
Sarah Ayton, Sarah Webb and PIppa Wilson pulled away at the top of the Yngling leaderboard with a second from their race today, with the American team, skippered by Sally Barkow, now three points behind in second place.
Laser Radial sailor Charlotte Dobson moves up into seventh place with a 12,7 from today, while 470 women Christina Bassadone-Saskia Clark are both just outside of the top ten today and Bassadone-Clark scoring 3,19 from her race today.
The RS:X men’s and women’s windsurfing fleets had to endure another day confined to shore.
Racing at the 2007 Olympic Test Event is scheduled through to Thursday 23 August.
2007 Qingdao International Regatta (Olympic Test Event)
1. Sarah Ayton-Sarah Webb-Pippa Wilson, GBR (6pts)
2. Sally Barkow-Carrie Howe-Debbie Capozzi, USA (9pts)
3. Ekaterina Skudina-Diana Krutskikh-Natalia Ivanova, RUS (11pts)
1. Jo Aleh, NZL (16pts)
2. Anna Tunnicliffe, USA (18pts)
3. Tine Mihelic, CRO (20pts)
7. Charlotte Dobson (48pts)
1. Bryony Shaw, GBR (7pts)
2. Faustine Merret (9pts)
3. Jian Yin, CHN (12pts)
1. Elsie Rechichi-Tess Parkinson, AUS (26pts)
2. Ruslana Taran-Olena Pakholchyk, UKR (26pts)
3. AI Kondo-Naoko Kamata, JPN (29pts)
11. Christina Bassadone-Saskia Clark (66pts)
Michael Bradley Photography