Bournemouth Sevens is the largest rugby and netball festival in Europe, attracting over 12,000 people in its first year. The world of 7s has Hong Kong, Dubai, Amsterdam and now Bournemouth as the flagship festival of the UK! 2009’s tournament will be held over the May Bank Holiday from the 22nd- 24th May 2009, allowing everyone to party for one day longer into the bank holiday.
96 rugby teams:
· National Invitation Cup (16 teams)
· South West Cup (16 teams)
· Open Cup (32 teams)
· National Ladies Cup (16 teams)
· Beer Cup (16 teams)
64 netball teams:
· National Invitation Cup (16 teams- National & Regional Teams)
· Open Cup (16- teams County Teams)
· Beer Cup (16 teams- teams wanting to have fun with a little bit of a completion thrown in!)
· Fancy Dress Cup (16 teams- at least one player must be in fancy dress)
Celebrities expected to attend include; ‘Strictly Come Dancing’- Austin Healey, Lewis Moody (World Cup Winner), The Gladiators, Lawrence Dallaglio, Kevin Peterson (England Cricket Captain),‘X-Factor’ – Dermot O’Leary, Lucy Pinder and many more celebrities to be confirmed.
· England International Rugby Stars
· VIP Corporate Hospitality Marquee
· Huge Beer Tent
· Fancy Dress ALL WEEKEND
· Parachute Display
· Pitch Side Jacuzzi
· SKY TV, BBC and ITV to broadcast all weekend
· Live Bands & DJ’s
· RFU Roadshow
· Onsite Camping
Team entry is £140
The Super Sevens Camping Package which includes team entry, 14 camping tickets and a B7s goody bag FOR EVERY PLAYER (worth £40 & includes VIP pass all weekend) is available for £560.
Just a 50 yard stagger from the rugby festival is camping village for 3,000 people. Hot showers are available so you can get that festival feeling and still stay clean! Camping is available from £30 per person if booked before the 31st December 2008.
If you are looking for the ultimate Bank Holiday festival weekend The Bournemouth Sevens Team can offer you and your friends bespoke END OF SEASON TOUR PACKAGES. For more information please contact the team: 01202 302855
Tickets are available online from TICKETMASTER here.
THIS FESTIVAL WILL BE A SELL OUT SO DON’T MISS OUT - REGISTER your team online at: www.bournemouthsevens.com
– but the sailors praise the new boats