New Diamonds coach Lisa Alexander has selected a mix of experienced and
younger athletes to represent Australia at the 2011 World Netball Series
in Liverpool in November.
Alexander said her team represented a good balance of young players who
represent the future of Australian netball, and some more experienced
athletes to guide them along the way.
"It's a great mix of youth and experienced players, including previous
Diamonds Bianca Chatfield and Susan Pratley who will provide a great
level of experience to assist and support our younger players.
The team, known as the Australian FastNet Diamonds, will attend a camp
in Melbourne from November 17 before departing for England on 20
November. Team leaders will be appointed at the camp.
The World Netball Series will be held at the Echo Arena Liverpool from
25th - 27th November 2011.
Australia finished fourth at the 2010 World Netball Series, just missing
a podium position after falling short by only one goal in both their
FastNet first entered netball's international calendar in 2009 and
brings together the top six nations in the world to compete in a
quicker, modified version of netball that includes innovative rule
changes such as rolling substitutions, shooting from outside the goal
circle and power plays.
FastNet games are not considered Test caps.
2011 Australian FastNet Team
Emily Beaton Adelaide Thunderbirds
Kate Beveridge Melbourne Vixens
Ashleigh Brazill West Coast Fever
Rebecca Bulley Adelaide Thunderbirds
Bianca Chatfield Melbourne Vixens
Carla Dziwoki NSW Swifts
April Letton NSW Swifts
Susan Pratley NSW Swifts
Verity Simmons West Coast Fever
Amy Steel Queensland Firebirds
Vanessa Ware NSW Swifts
Amorette Wild NSW Swifts
World Netball Series Rules
* Matches will be 4 x 6 minutes with 3 x 2 minutes breaks.
* 7 players on court, 5 on the bench
* Rolling Substitutions i.e. no stoppages; unlimited number of
substitutions per team per quarter. There will be a designated box at
each transverse line, opposite the Official Bench where players shall
wait holding up the position of the player to be substituted. Players
from either team may wait in either box.
* After a goal is scored, the game restarts from the centre in
favour of the team conceding.
* There will be alternative centre passes at the beginning of the
2nd, 3rd and 4th quarter.
* There is no whistle after a goal is scored.
* Coaches will be allowed to coach from the sideline, only in
front of their bench. The area will be marked out. The third umpire
* Each team will elect one quarter as a Power Play when any goals
they score will be doubled.
* Shooters may shoot from outside of the circle, all successful
goals will be worth double i.e. 2 goals. In a power play this could
escalate to 4 goals.
* The umpire will signal by raising one hand for one goal and two
hands for two goals.
World Weightlifting Championships
presented by Kowa